Roj Women's Association
Selby Centre, Selby Road, Tottenham, London, N17 8JL
Charity No: 1125572
Roj Women’s Association is looking for a Development Coordinator to support the
organisation and work closely with the management team to help build the
organisation into the next stage. Support bids and proposals that enhance the
current capacity of the organisation, contribute to the strategic development of the
organisation by prioritising greater engagement with funder’s stakeholders and
working directly with the staff delivering various innovative services. Developing a
central beneficiaries’ database for better linking all the services the charity delivers.
Actively seeking to make a difference in the lives of Kurdish and Turkish Women that
the charity supports by conducting meaningful consultation with the beneficiaries’ to
inform both service provision and service delivery; Updating the current policies as
well as developing a standard referral form and paperwork to be used across all
projects. A candidate with a can-do attitude with a strong commitment to social
justice especially a good understanding of the inequalities and disadvantages
experienced by Kurdish and Turkish women from a low-income background.
The role will also provide staff line management, producing high-quality reports for
funders and trustees, representing Roj Women’s Association at external meetings
contribute to regular social media updates as well as producing regular good quality
newsletters highlighting the work of the Organisation. Attending staff meetings and
working closely with the management team to deliver high-quality services.
Please note, this post is open to female applicants only – Section 7.2(E) of the Sex
Discrimination Act applies.
To apply, please complete the application form and a personal statement that
outlines how you meet the person specification. These should be returned to
email@example.com, with ‘Development Officer Post – Your Name’ in the Subject
Job Title: Development Officer
Location: Roj Women’s Association Office (Selby Centre N17 8JL)
Employment Terms: One Year Part-time, 21 hours per week
Closing Date: 07/05/2021
1. The Development Officer will be working closely with the management team at
Roj Women’s Association to support the current development needs of the
2. The Development officer will contribute to Roj Women’s Association to develop
bids and proposals that enhance the capacity of the organisation to develop new
services prioritising the needs of Kurdish and Turkish women in the boroughs that
3. Maintain an up to date knowledge of the services provided in the borough’s that it
operates and develop better links with the services offered by Roj Women’s
4. Joining up with other initiatives around VAWG and women support organisation
The Development Officer will:
Will attend regular meetings to co-design activities and proposals, providing
support to staff, information sharing, and line management duties including
actively encouraging staff learning and development.
The Development Officer will support Roj Women’s Association’s
management team, work closely and contribute to the development of bids
and proposals that complements the current services and explore
opportunities for new services.
Development Officer will gather information and data from all other Roj
Women’s Association Services to compile report and newsletters for funders
Work with staff members to help them access appropriate training and
Support on monitoring and reporting the project performance, delivery and the
Work effectively with local and borough wide statuary and voluntary organisation to
promote the work of Roj Women’s Association, and with the line manager to jointly
develop new projects, to develop templates and processes for data collection and
capturing participant feedback.
Equality and diversity
1. Actively promote equality of access and opportunity to all the service
2. Support the organisations to ensure they are up-to-date with their understanding
of equalities legislation.
3. Postholder to ensure that their work is delivered to the highest possible standard
4. Postholder to ensure they operate in accordance with the strategic aims, mission
and core values of Roj Women’s Association.
5. Postholder to ensure they are committed to their own learning and development
and identify with their line manager where additional training and personal
development will enhance their delivery
6. Be receptive to line management, supervision and appraisal as required by
7. Considerable flexibility is required as some attendance at evening meetings will
be necessary. Travel throughout the area covered by Roj Women’s Association.
Any other reasonable tasks that take forward the aim of the post and the work of Roj
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
1. 3 years+ experience in delivering community development work in the
voluntary, community or statutory sector
2. Experience of contract and performance management, ideally within the
voluntary and community sector (VCS)
3. Experience of co production and/or the co-design project specific monitoring
and stakeholders agree improved outcomes delivery.
4. Experience of partnership working with voluntary and community sector
organisations of varying size
5. Experience of writing coherent and consistent report including excellent writing skills,
6. Excellent time management skills and ability to priorities deadlines and urgent work.
1. An understanding of the issues faced by BAME women, particularly Kurdish
and Turkish women from a low-income background.
2. Good knowledge of monitoring processes and the ability to develop
templates/paperwork to facilitate effective and accurate monitoring outcomes.
1. Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, with the ability to
communicate confidently and effectively with people from a wide range of
backgrounds and sectors
2. Excellent organisation skills with the ability to prioritise and manage a
varied programme of work
3. Well developed and tactful influencing skills, with the ability to
communicate potentially complex information in an effective and clear
4. Problem solving skills, with the ability to think creatively to identify
5. Bilingual Speaker preferable Kurdish and Turkish
1. Able to work independently with minimal supervision and deliver work to a high
2. Ability to exercise good professional judgement and make decisions in the best
interests of Roj Women’s Association and adhere to the policy of the
organisation at all times. .
3. Commitment to operate in accordance with the values of Roj Women’s
Equality and diversity
1, Actively promoting equality and diversity when working for Roj Women’s